cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PISUPER was created as dialog user type from install

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've noticed several threads stating that the PISUPER should be a service user. However, the PISUPER was created as a dialog user during my install of PI 7.1.

Can anyone tell me why it would be created as a dialog user? I would like to change this user to a service type rather than dialog. Will this cause any problems?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Best Regards,

Rick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

Please see this help and see what all the service users are being created after installation:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/56/361041ebf0f06fe10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thanks for your input. Unfortunately, the PISUPER user ID does not show up in that link. This ID was created either by the installation or the configuration wizard.

There are several other users created by the install or the configuration wizard, but, they are all created as system users. The only one created as a dialog user is PISUPER.

Any help in clarification will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

pisuper is always created as a dialog user and should be used to logon to the system as administrator, rather than sap* or ddic: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/a9b9357e28674be10000000a421937/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generally Service users are used to navigate between the application to application.

These users will not be expired..

In case of Dialog users these will be expired after certian duration.

I doubt if that would affect much in case you continue useing the PISUPER as dialog user. But make sure that, it will have facility to logon via SAP gui.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for all the input. The link shows that PISUPER is created as a dialog user.

Best Regards,

Rick

Answers (0)