cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing AC 5.3 - RAR reports for Business

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I am working at a client where the business is not able to understand RAR reports and I totally understand why. I have been asked to massage the reports so that they can be presented to the business folks. Has anybody done this? How do you convert the reports into Plain English so it's easily understandable by upper level management?

I do know about AC 5.3 and BI/BW integration but that is not an option here.

Any help/info on this is highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Alpesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh,

Did you get solution for this? Are you referring to Risk Analysis reports? I feel executive summary level reports are simple enough that even business people can understand. If you are referring to management reports, RAR represents them in graphical format so those too are in simplified format for non technical person to understand.

Can you please clarify it bit further, to help me understand exact requirement.

Amol

achristian17
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh/Amol,

Have you tried on MS Access or Crystal reports for this purpose. I hope the link given below may be helpful to give some basic ideas:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/bpx/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/706f48c6-9694-2c10-319f-c379570dc...

Regards,

C. Asokkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh,

Usually, you'd be writing these answers eh?!

I haven't customized the reports but as Amol has said, the best way is to try and give them the Exec Summary or summary level reports.

In SP9 & 10 I'm sure you know that there have been attempts at making the reporting more user friendly with the Data mart and the ability to use existing reporting tools for data analysis but I'm guessing your client is not on those releases.

The best way I have found is simply to invest the time in walking them through the information in the form of training and education so that they can learn to understand what they are seeing. It's quite a challenge when they have no background in SAP security but they do eventually at least pick up what they want to see.

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Asok. I do know about the integration but we don't want to integrate with Crystal Reports or BI/BW.

Amol/Simon,

The dashboard and executive/management reports are not easily understandable by business and this comes from my extensive experience with Business folks. I have also ended up writing custom reports. At my current customer also, we created a business friendly report.

Alpesh

Answers (0)