cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it system modification to add custom field in Addition B Order Header?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to add user specific text and input field in Addition B Order Header in Sales Order Function(PGM: SAPMV45A Dyn: 8309). Is this system modification? What will happen when the system is upgraded?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Read SAP Note 209278 - Display of customer-specific fields in sales doc. In my opinion if you create the objects in your own range of names you will not have any problems in upgrades and support-packages

Regards,

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your replies.

I will name the Z-field start with Z in the table structure, however, I am wondering what will happened to screen 8309 in the system upgrade. The field & text that I added in screen 8309 will not impact from the upgrade or, we need additional development of the screen 8309 when upgrade the system?

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Remember that your z-fields must begin with ZZ* in your appends.

Second. With this screens the problem is the same that with other userexits, enhancements, etc...

Check the Note 16466 - Customer name range for SAP objects, it will help you.

When you will do an upgrade or you will apply support-packages, you must remember to check these objects.

Regards,

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much! Eduardo, my question was resolved.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Yes these all will be system modification. And for all new object you change the change, create them with Z or Y so that during system updrage it will not get affected.