cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the Development runtime system

Former Member
0 Kudos

We need to modify the development (and consolidation) runtime system in NWDI from the current system to a newly built system. However, we already have development that was completed in the old system, so we need to bring those changes over prior to integrating this new system with NWDI.

Current transport landscape:

Training -> Sandbox -> Production

New transport landscape:

Development -> QA -> Production

My plan was to take the assembled packages and import via JSPM (or SDM) then modify the runtime development system in NWDI to the Development from Training.

Would this approach work for what I'm trying to accomplish?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why not creating a new track with the new runtime systems, have your SC's and dependent SC's also in the track definition (using the Landscape configurator) and forward your developed SCA's from the old track towards the new track.

Import the transported SCA's in the Development-tab of the new track and carry on working.

Hope this helps a little.

Regards,

Alain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, but being that production would already be connected with the first track, would I simply remove the production runtime system from the first track and then hook to it from the second track? Would anything have to be re-imported after connecting w/ this second track?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No,

You can leave the production system defined in both tracks. There is no necessaty to have a system only connected to 1 track i.e. you can have a system connected to multiple tracks.

You should see a track as a configuration for a development project, starting at one point in time with a certain lifespan: until the solutions in the track are all in production or obsolete.

You can have of course more of these configurations paralel.

Regards,

Alain

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you do not need the old Development and Consolidation runtime systems anymore, it's sufficient to update the Runtime Systems with the new ones and perform a Restore System State.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help!