cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict folder search scope option of TREX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Anyone has used "Root Folders for Search(Scope=FOLDER)" in UISearch option set? How to use this parameter? I would like to restrict the folders for users to select in advanced search page.

Thanks you.

Anucha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anucha,

we can set the search options so that search scope is to a particular folder.

in the property, Root Folders for Search(Scope=FOLDER)

give the name of the folder that has been indexed to.

for example, if u need to the user to perform a search only inside public documents , index this particular folder and specify in the Root Folders for Search(Scope=FOLDER) as /documents/Public documents.

then the search is limited to this folder.

U can also duplicate the standard UISearch and rename it and give this Search options set name in the KM search iview.

Hope that helped,

Please do get back if this is not clear and do assssign points if it helps.

Best Regards

Uma.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there anyway to configure the Root Folders for Search (Scope = FOLDER)(csv) to accept a folder name (KM Repository) via the iView properties interface?

I am no programmer, but could the SEARCH OPTIONS SET look something like this::

Root Folder for Search (Scope=FOLDER)(csv) [ /documents/<b><%my_start_folder%></b> ]

And have the value for <b><%my_start_folder%></b> be passed in through the iView properties admin screen when setting up the iView?

Something like this::

New iView => KM Search iView => Parameters to Pass from Page Request (for URL Isolation): <b><%my_start_folder%>=Tonys_KM_Reporitory</b>

Where Tonys_KM_Repository is a repository under /documents/ ?

Thanks!

--Tony Zerbolio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patricio,

I want to allow user to select folder in advance option as well. But I want to set the entry point of folder when the user press "Browse" button. How can I do?

Thanks,

Anucha

THNguyen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

>>>>>> I want to allow user to select folder in advance option as well. But I want to set the entry point of folder when the user press "Browse" button. How can I do?

I need to do the same thing. Does anyone have a suggestion for the above ?

Best regards,

The-Hung Nguyen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created index on /documents/Public Documents. Now I can set folder name in Root Folder. But the result is not what I expect. I want to set root folder when user press "Browse..." button. Anyone knows how to do?

Thanks you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anucha,

You want to avoid that the users can choose other folders, when press advanced options. Is it correct ?

You can do:

In Search Option Set, you can create a new one (then you assign it in your iview advance search),

in Index Groups (csv) field, assign your index

Root Folders for Search (Scope = FOLDER) (csv): the folder from when you want to search.

Enable Search Scope Selection: disable.

When the user want to search using KM Advance Search (don't forget to create and assing search option set), has advance option but can not choose folder either index.

Patricio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for your info. I have tried to put /documents/Public Documents but it shows error "Folder /documents/Public Documents is not assigned to a search index". Do I have to create index attach to that folder?

anja_huber
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anucha,

if I did you understand correctly you wanted to avoid additionally that enduser can change the folders that are used for search scope.

In that case you should disable the entry "Enable Search Scope Selection" in the SearchOptionSet. Afterwards there is no option for the enduser to change the Search Scope. But the enduser is also not aware that the folder "XY" is used as default search scope.

regards,

anja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Root Folder for Search:

Folder or folders from which the search is to be started.

This parameter can only be used in combination with the Default Search Scope = Folder parameter.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/f9/b84d40cef71059e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Patricio.