cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Error when Statistical WBS is closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had created Statistical WBS elements and assigned this to Maintenance orders, System allows me to close the WBS element even when the Orders are open and also allows me to assign & issue materials without checking the budget ( as the WBS is already closed).

How system allows closure of WBS when this WBS element is assigned to some orders which are still open ? Is there any user exit available to prevent this ?

thanks in advance.

Regards

Vinodh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vindoh,

The reason being your WBS is statistical. Statistical WBS are only meant for statistical postings. You cannot settle them or carry overhead. Just try to maintain settlement rule on statistical WBS and you will get the following message

Statistical WBS element: No surcharges, settlement etc. N-000298

Message no. CJ714

Diagnosis

A statistical WBS element cannot be settled, nor carry overheads, nor

can results analysis be carried out for it. Therefore it does not mak

sense to maintain control parameters for these functions for statisti

WBS elements.

System Response

If you have identified the WBS element as statistical, these control

parameters will not be displayed in the work breakdown structure.

The real cost objects are Cctr or Orders. They are only meant for reporing or exercising budgetory controls mainly during Asset procurement.

Thanks

Sarang

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Monica, though I stopped watching this thread and just checked now... exactly, i went for a validation exit only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe you want to consider implementing a validation exit to check the system status of the WBS assigned in the maintenance order master data.

Monica

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sarang.

Actually, the probelm is it allows to post the cost in the Order irrespective of the status of the WBS and till the time the budget is available.

Regards,

Vinodh

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you tried using user status to disallow close business transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

I tried using User status blocking Statistical postings... no use.

Thanks

Vinodh