cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide Save Draft Button in the first step

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have requirement to remove Save Draft in the first step of HCM P&F. But I can not find how to hide or remove save draft in the first step.

Please kindly guide.

Best Regards,

Visut

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We had the same issue on my most recent project. From the INITIAL step....ie. start the process....you can not (at this time) hide/disable that feature/button. As said above, it CAN be done in steps after that simply by setting the workflow binding on the parameter. Not sure how/why SAP missed the need for this. I would think it would be a "checkbox" of sort in your "Process Start" configuration in the Design Time....but nope.

In our case, we wanted to allow it for manager initiated processes, but not for employee initiated ones. Therefore, we set up a "check" on the workflow task that creates the "draft" work item to "trash" the ones from ESS and properly handle the ones coming from MSS. It was....interesting. haha We also changed the default "save as draft" message that shows so the users would know what had happened (ie. not supported in ESS).

Hopefully this becomes a config setting in coming EhPs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirs,

Thanks for supporting my understanding. But how to put the message to show employee that it is not supported for Employee? It is in Message configuration?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Visut

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Visut,

Check this [help|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/42/f2cd04249b3268e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm]

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

In Help is mentioned in Approval Step. But for my curious is the first step that still did not start any workflow yet.

Thanks anyway,

Visut

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Visut,

Okay so want one step up where you want to disable the save draft button for the User who is initiating the process.

For that you needed to click one step up in the help, anyways [here |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/42/f280b91e5132c3e10000000a1553f6/content.htm] it is.

Chintan