cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispatcher running but no server connected: J2EE Engine stopped

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I try to start the XI Home page I am getting the following error: <b>"Dispatcher running but no server connected!"</b>.

In the defaultTrace.trc file I see the following entry:

<b>Service com.sap.security.core.ume.service error. Nested exception is: com.sap.engine.frame.ServiceException: User SAPJSF has no RFC authorization for function group SYST .</b>

<b>...Critical shutdown was invoked. Reason is: Core service com.sap.security.core.ume.service failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.#</b>

I am unable to connect to Visula Administrator.

Can any one let me know how to slove this problem.

The whole SAP NetWeaver stack is down.

Thanks in advance,

Nagarjuna.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dirk_jenrich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarjuna,

after generating you need to update the authorizations to the assigned user SAPJSF. You do so in transaction PFCG. Again, choose role SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION_ROLE, change to tab rider "User". To do so, choose "User comparison" and complete the cmoparison.

Kind regards

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

Thank you very much.

The Problem is sloved.

Regards,

Nagarjuna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

We are facing same problem in NW2004s; Win 2003/Max DB.

I am not clear can u please explain little bit more. Thank you.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had a similar problem on the AIX platform.

It was caused by a large interface file which an XI channel was trying to process, so every time we started the Java stack we got heapdump and javacore files in /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/server0

The javacore files gave us details of the Sender Agreement (SA) which was problematic, which led us to the file that was causing the problem. The problem was resolved by renaming the file, stopping both java and abap stacks via stopsap, running cleanipc <abap instance number> remove and cleanipc <java instance number> remove, checking ipcs to see that everything was clean before running startsap.

TVC
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Dear Naill,

Thnx you very much. Your solution fix my problem.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arpan,

Can you paste an excerpt from std_server0.out file which mentions the exception related to startup of the server process ?

Dispatcher/But no server is a generic error message. It means the server process is not up. Which could be due to various reasons.

Regards,

Snehal

dirk_jenrich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarjuna,

SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION is the role to change. Start transaction PFCG, edit that role, jump to the tab rider "authorizations" and change the authorization data.

In that tree expand the subtree "Cross-application Authorization Objects --> Authorization Check for RFC Access". Here you can add the necessary authorization to execute function group SYST.

And, after changing the authorizations, don't forget to generate a profile for the changed role by choosing the "Generate" button.

Hope that helps

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

Can you please give me more detailed steps to add the authorizations.

Bcz, "Cross-application Authorization Objects --> Authorization Check for RFC Access" is showing GREEN in my environment.

Under "Authorization Check for RFC Access" :

1. Activity : Execute

2. Name of RFC to be Protected :BAPT, BFHV, PRGN_J2EE, RFC1, SDIFRUNTIME, SSVC, SUSO, SU_STAMP, SU_USER, SYST, SYSU

3. Type of RFC to be Prote..: Function group

With the above only I pressed the "Generate" button and it generated a profile "T-C2710003". After this when I see the user SAPJSF in SU01, the ROLE "SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION " is showing RED.

Please let me know how to proceed now?

Thanks,

Nagarjuna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk Jenrich,

I am arpan saini. when i am try to connect to portal //10.10.1.68:50000/irj/portal

this url , using stsndard user id J2ee_admin

as you suggest Mr. Parsant i complete all step and generat profile and add in SAPJSF user and administrator id also.

after login when i click on menu buton then error throw "dispatcher is running but server is stopped."

please resolve my problem ASAP

thanks & Regards

Arpan Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk Jenrich,

I am arpan saini. when i am try to connect to portal //10.10.1.68:50000/irj/portal

this url , using stsndard user id J2ee_admin

as you suggest Mr. Parsant i complete all step and generat profile and add in SAPJSF user and administrator id also.

after login when i click on menu buton then error throw "dispatcher is running but server is stopped."

please resolve my problem ASAP

thanks & Regards

Arpan Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're using an ABAP backend system as your UME. The RFC user that connects the Java stack to the ABAP stack is SAPJSF. That user doesn't have the correct authorizations.

Have your security team add or modify the S_RFC authorization object in the user profile for SAPJSF to include the SYST function group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

There is no other team here. We are everything.

I am not sure about the modification of S_RFC authorization.

In SU01(Client #000)-> for SAPJSF user there are only 2 roles assigned SAP_J2EE_GUEST & SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION.

No Profiles assigned to SAPJSF user.

If you have any idea regarding this, please guide me. I'll do the required modifications.

Thanks,

Nagarjuna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maha,

This means that you XI server is not functioning properly. If you have acecss to your server, check to make sure that all the instances are of 'green' color - there are three nodes: server, dispatcher, and the IGS Watchdog. All of these should be green and the services associated with them should also be running.

Please check and try again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do have access to the server.

In the SAP MMC console I see that all the instances are showing GREEN.

What do you mean by "services associated with them should also be running"? I can see all the processes showing GREEN.

After this problem I restarted the server twice. But no use.

thanks,

Nagarjuna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can also use the NWA to check whether the security service is running.

See Systems, Services tab and page down to "security".

Regards,

Dieter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am unable to access, any thing under SAP NetWeaver stack.

All the below are giving the same error:

http://locahost:50100

http://locahost:50100/nwa

http://locahost:50100/rep/start/index.jsp (XI home page)

http://locahost:50100/sld

<b>Error: Dispatcher running but no server connected!</b>Thanks,

Nagarjuna.