cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Trex Search in KM-Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

We've installed Trex in our EP6.0 & Configured it.

We have a KM repository in our server where we require to search text on a Excel Sheet and retreive data from it & display.

How do I create the index for the Excel Sheet, and how do we search using the index. Please help provide me some usefull stuff.

Thanks in advance,

Munna SAP.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Fine. You can go the index administration iview and create an index out of it.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/73/66c090acf611d5993700508b6b8b11/frameset.htm

Then you can save your excel sheet under any folder under the root folder. After saving it for the index created above you can point this file as data source. It will get indexed once you do this. you can search the text for the file by this way.

Regards,

Ganesh N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh:

Thnx 4 reply. My rqmnt is to search on Excell sheet, not from the Standard/Adv Search. I wanna create a new iVew with search functionality using TREX on a Excell sheet and display the results.

So plz help how to do this?? How do i create an iview to custom search??

Thanks in advance,

Munna SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

Can any one help me in this regard, i wanna create a Search iView, which searches on an ExcelSheet & display results.

I'm using TREX, i've installed TREX and configured in my EP. I've created an Index to my current repository(root dir which has many folders and files). But when I enter some text and click on Search in my Portal, shows me an error:

"Exception Id:5324458

pcd:portal_content/every_user/general/eu_role/com.sap.km_home_ws/com.sap.km.hidden/com.sap.km.urlaccess/com.sap.km.basicsearch"

Is there any solution for this??

Munna SAP

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Munna SAP,

If it is your serach iview then you have to specify search options set and search component set. Just check if i m write. You can find that in iview properties.

Check if this helps.