Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Bin Search Strategy is failing

nagarajan_ramudu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Storage Bin Search strategy is failing when there are no empty bin or no bins available with same stock type.

Below is an detailed example:

(1) I have an empty Bin

(2) Put away search strategy looks for empty bin and places the UNRESTRICTED stock (after the stock placement there are no empty Bins)

(3) I can put more stock (additon to existing stock, bult storage) with same stock category to the existing storage bin

Until above steps, put away stratedy is working good and I have no issues.

NOW, when I want to put some more stock with different stock category (say Block Stock), system is unable to search the storage bin. Is there a way for system to search the storage as defined in step 3? My idea is to put all types of stock categories in the same storage bin.

Note: same storage type is attached to all stock categories. Option to manually defualt the stoarge bin, but we dont want to do that. I can create more storage types for different stock types, but we dont wanted to do that due to physical WM changes.

Please help.

Nagarajan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can maintain Mixed storage X for that storage type.

nagarajan_ramudu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Good Point. I tried but it didn't work. It is giving the same error, no destination Bin to be found for storage type ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you are using putaway strategy "I" - Addition to existing stock. If so, setting "Mixed storage" will not make the system find a suitable bin for putaway automatically, although this does enable you to manually allocate a bin during TO creation. When creating a putaway TO, the system will use strategy u201CIu201D to try to search for a bin. Since there is no bin carrying the same material (same stock category), the searching will be failed, and the system will throw the error message, from there you can manually assign a bin with different type of material in it because u201CMixed storageu201D is set.

The standard SAP does not provide a putaway strategy which can meet your requirement. But you can develop your own strategy (with help form ABAPer of course) for putaway. To use user-defined strategies, you need to set User exit active field (T331_USEIN) in the Putaway Control section of the appropriate storage type. You can check detail via IMG -> LE -> WM -> Strategies -> Putaway Strategies -> Developing function extensions. The user exit is MWMTO003. We had similar requirement and materialised it by implementing this user exit.

Hope it helps.

nagarajan_ramudu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

User exit will help. I was trying to find the standard way of doing it. As you said there are no standard way to handle this process.

Again thanks for your detailed reply.

Best regards

Nagarajan

Answers (0)