cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make this video on your website actually work

Former Member
0 Kudos

The last video on this page does not work. Can you make it work?

[original link is broken]

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi - Thanks for reporting this. It's now working.

[Web Dynpro ABAP Login Page|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/media/uuid/29c039e7-0b01-0010-0087-8ab66b842692]

Edited by: Jason Lax on Sep 13, 2009 9:48 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much for looking into this. It's good that will try to play in WMplayer, however the content is still not being loaded. It just comes up and says "Ready" and when I click play, nothing happens. I don't see it trying to buffer anything in.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's almost as if it is still trying to authenticate with the server to get the file. When it use to ask for a username and password for that before, my user/pass did not work even though I was logged in...

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi - Make sure you're using MS Explorer. Other browsers such as FF aren't friendly with streaming media. A login to SDN will be required to view the video.

If this fails, it might be because your local network blocks streaming WMV technology (does happen on rare occasions).

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi - Make sure you're using MS Explorer. Other browsers such as FF aren't friendly with streaming media. A login to SDN will be required to view the video.

If this fails, it might be because your local network blocks streaming WMV technology (does happen on rare occasions).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I'll try it when I get home. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried this at home and it does not work either. When I click on the properties of the player and paste the link directly into the browser to load, I get this error

->

Windows Media Player cannot connect to the server. The server name might not be correct, the server might not be available, or your proxy settings might not be correct.

The direct link is this. Can anyone load this properly?

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/media/streamingmedia/developer-a...

gaurav_kothari
Contributor
0 Kudos

It is working perfectly fine. It opened in the WM Player.

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

If its working for you all, can you download it and send it to <removed_by_moderator> please. I can't get it working for nothin.

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Sep 16, 2009 1:29 PM

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi - I converted it to flash (the video was short enough). Should be fine now...fingers crossed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahh fantastic! I can view that one just fine. Thanks.

Answers (0)