Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submission to RFC Error

former_member181928
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I am facing a strange problem. Have written a WD Apppln to submit to an RFC .But when submitted the Timer keeps going round and round and nothing happens.

I have checked the following things.

1) Have created the JCO Connections properly and tested them.

2) Have checked all the Defaut Trace Log File .If there is some RFC exception something is thrown in the Log but in my case i am not able to see any exceptions in the default trace also .

Can anyone tell me what could be the possible problem when it takes too much time to submit to a RFC..and where else can i look into ...

regards

Nilesh Taunk.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh

1.Is the RFC is running ok in R/3 - means that you are facing problem when accessing from Webdynpro ?

2. Use reportMessage(" <values are send to RFC>") to check if correct values are passed to the RFC just before submission.

3. Is the SLD properly setup ?

4. Is all the system/services up and running ?

Hope this helps

Regards

Ananda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh

Following might be the possiblities bcoz of which u r facing this issue :

1.Chek ur code, for an infinite loop in ur code.

2.Put an HTTP Break point in ur RFC, and find out how much time it takes to retrieve the results.

Try this, hope it helps u.

Regards

Np

former_member181928
Participant
0 Kudos

If i give an rfc call to say an r3 sap system..Is there a mechanism/transaction in r3 sys to know whether some external program is trying to execute A Remote Function Module....

I just want to trace if the control has reached r3 system and then something is wrong with the Function Module or is it the case that control is not able to reach the r3 system at all and the problem lies with the web dynpro appln..

regards

Nilesh Taunk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

First of all I didnt understand what did you mean by Submission to RFC. I think you want to call the RFC and take back the required results in ur UI.

To trace the control to the RFC.. you can put an HTTP breakpoint at the first line of the RFC and then run your application...

Note: While putting a breakpoint in the RFC log in to SAP using the same user ID as used in JCO connections...

hope it helps...

Lokesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nilesh

In order to chek if a call is being made to the RFC in R3

1.Debug ur Web Dynpro application, give break point on the line where u r actually making call to the RFC

2. U also have a HTTP break point in the RFC, (R3)

so that u can come to kno tht control has reached the R3.

please reply if this was helpful to u

Regards

Np