cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Japanese Charaters in SAP Scripts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am unable to view Japanese Character in SAP Scripts. We are running on SAP 4.7 Version and the japanese characters are coming as small boxes. I have updated the GUI with latest patches, but still i am unable to view the characters.

Thanks in advance,

Prakash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope you have enabled the Code page for japanese fonts in ur system?

Cheers

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check out if the printers are configured to handle the Japanese characters..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check with the basis for the Language support for Japanese in your system

Regards

Siddharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check you have installed Driver for Japanese

contect ur basis person

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii

use /: SET COUNTRY <COUNTRY KEY>

<b>/: SET COUNTRY 'JA'</b>WRITE UR CODE NEXT

IF THIS DOESNT WORK GO THRU THIS

The logic to build SAP Script and Smart form of all languages will be same. But while working on Asian language please take care of the following points.

1 Make sure you logon to SAP in JAPANESE language only.

2 At the Operating system level install the Chinees language.[Control panel - >Regional and language Option - >language Tab - > Click on Install Files for East Asian languages] If these language already installed then click on Detail and add the JAPANESE languages[JAPANESE (PRS) .

3 At SAP level click on Customizing of Local layout[Alt+F12] and click on options.Go to tab I18N and click on Activate the multi-byte functionalities to support check box.

4.Take care of the Font while assigning to Character formar or paragraph format. Dont use normal font name.

USE JAPANESE FONT

I HOPE THIS HELPS

Thanks&Regards

Naresh