Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

providing authorization for parameter transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all,

I have created a parameter transaction for a table maintainance generator(table a z-table). the requirement is, we want to provide authorization only for few users so how can we go forward...

with regards,

sandeep akella.

7 REPLIES 7

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you are parametrizing any TCoe then there is no changes happen in the Authorization checks from the original. So you need to take care this in the following way:

1. Go to table TDDAT and find out the Authorization Group of that z-table. If nothing found, please create a Custom Auth group and assign the table to that grp in SE54.

2. Now go to the role through which you want to provide access to that table to the users or create a new role and add the Parametrized Tcode in the menu of the Tcode.

3. In authorization data, please assign the Authorization group for that particular table in S_TABU_DIS and provide the activity as per your requirement.

4. Assign the role to the users.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you explain me in detail as i am new to the basis security

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have already given the step by step explanation upto considerable amount of details. Can you please let me know where the confusion lies? before that please try the steps yourself to check were you are getting stuck.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

i mean the transaction codes for going to authorization data .

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you are asking where to create role? it is PFCG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would recommend maintaining the authorization data for parameter transactions in SU24, as in the absence of proposals the system will pull the data from the core transaction.

Very often these can only be maintained generically.

Read the application help and documentation on these two transactions which have been mentioned and it will be clear to you...

Julius ducks and runs for cover...

Cheers

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

It's possible to include one table to several authorization group in TDDAT?

TIA,

Tonya