Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personalize themes in EP 6.0

prasenjit_sharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Forum,

I am trying to add a custom theme to the personalize themes drop down in order to make the theme available for personalization. The steps followed are:

1. Created a new theme by copying from one of the standard themes in the themes editor.

2. Next in the desktop and display rules, I created a portal desktop and assigned the theme and a default framework to it.

But the theme is not available in the drop down. Am I missing something here? Can somebody help me out in this?

P.S.: I promise to reward helpful answers with points.

Regards,

- Prasenjit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasenjit

While saving the modified theme,there will be two options to select the destination.Where did you save the theme?

The customized theme will be listed in the drop down box only if you save the theme in the customer folder.

(Portal Content => themes => customer)

Check and let me know.

Regards

Yoga

prasenjit_sharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yagalakshmi,

The theme is listed under Portal Content => themes. and the portal desktop is listed under Portal Content => themes => customer.

I tried creating a new theme under Portal Content => themes => customer but still i am not able to see it in the drop down.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Save the theme in the customer folder and then check the dropdown box. Then the theme name wil get listed.

Do this and let me know the results.

Regards

yoga

prasenjit_sharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yoga,

I tried that but its not giving me the result.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have tried doing this. It worked fine for me.

1. Save the modified theme in the customer folder.

2. Create a portal desktop in the customer folder and assign the default frameworkpage and the modified theme to that portal desktop.

3. Then open the master rule collection and assign the newly created portal desktop to your user.

4.Then the theme will get displayed in the dropdownbox for that particular user.

Regards

Yoga

prasenjit_sharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yoga,

Is there any way other than setting the master rule. Cos in this case, the user will not be able to personalize his desktop to other themes. There is only one theme available for him. I want all the themes to be available to the user and he should be able to choose from the themes available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The only way is that.By doing the above said procedure, you can set default theme to the user. The user can choose themes as per his wish using the personalize link.

Check the link below.

https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700001709042004E/DesktopRulesv2.pdf

Regards

Yoga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasenjith,

U can add all the required themes to the portal desktop of the user. But u would have set one theme as default. So that theme will get displayed when the user log in. But if u want any other theme, u can go to personalize and change the required theme from the dropdown.

Regards,

Harini S

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasenjit,

All the new themes created will also get listed in the themes folder under portal content. Check if ur new theme is getting displayed there.

Regards,

Harini S

prasenjit_sharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harini,

yes the theme is getting displayed in the themes folder, but not in the personalized themes drop down.