cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

application should start automatically as soon the user logs into windows.

chander_kararia4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a requirement.

I am developed a time sheet application using web dynpro. This application is configured on the portal & is working fine. Now, I want to make some changes, may be at Portal Content side or Application side, but want this -

As soon as the User loges into the Windows with user id & password, this timesheet application residing on the portal should start automatically and should record the time. Similarly, if the user shuts-down, the application should again record the time. Thus giving the actual time the user worked.

Please reply. Thanks.

Best Regards

Chander Kararia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

chander_kararia4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Will open again. Working on some different priority, Thanks all for the reply.

But, issue is not resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to write startup & shutdown scripts but obviously you realise that this will mean extra maintenance & distribution for you. Also you will be tied to Windows (different script on Linux).

Before I can give you more details can you answer these questions:

>the User loges into the Windows with user id & password, this timesheet application residing on the portal should start automatically

Do you mean that the application should start silently & record the time? Or should a browser open up displaying the app & the user logs in the current time?

>Similarly, if the user shuts-down, the application should again record the time.

What if the system needs some restart after maybe an Windows update? How is that handled?

Regards,

Satyajit

chander_kararia4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Satyajit,

Below are the comments on your queries.

1. It would be better if the application starts silently. But, in case, if we choose other way i.e the browser opens automatically and displays the application (expecting the button needs to be clicked by the user) that will also do.

2. In case of system shut-down, I am still to come up with some materialized concept. But, here are few ideas...

a). The application should check if the time entry is available for the current date. If so, should display the text for LogOut only. This will make user understand not to hit it.

b). It should keep on accepting all the sessions (logging & logout) n number of times for the current date.

I would prefer (b) as a better option.

If you have some more conceptual idea, please suggest.

Best Regards

Chander Kararia