cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elster VAT from ECC 5.0 to PI 7.1 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have upgraded our XI system from 3.0 to 7.1 EHP1. Now we want to make the VAT transfer work (it worked on XI 3.0). We are sending from a SAP ECC 5.0 system. Note 1293294 describes the way for connecting ECC 6.0 to PI 7.1 only. I applied that note, and got scenarios which are using a different input interface than the old one (new: VATDeclarationRequestConfirmation_Out. old: FI_DE_B2A_ELSTER_XI).

When I am sending data from ECC 5.0, I receive an error in PI, because the whole scenario is based on different assumptions (the input data do not match). So obviously the SAP note is not applicable in our case.

We have installed the ELSTER 2.1 SW-Component. Is that right for our needed scenario ?? For LStA/B it is probably ok, but for VAT seems not be ok with ECC 5.0. Do we have to install ELSTER 2.0 for supporting the older VAT input data ?

I do not find a SAP note which tells what to do in this case.

CSY

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In principle the scenarios for XI 3.0 and PI 7.1 are the same, besides the adapter modules used in the receiver channels.

So you can use the same configuration as in XI 3.0

If this is not supported by the Elster 2.1 SWCV, then open an OSS ticket. This should be included.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

We solved the problem. We found a bug in the ELSTER 2.1 content. The RFC2Elster.xsl does not set the needed encoding (ISO-8859-1). Elster Server rejects the data for this reason.

=> we fixed this XSL and set the encoding (as in the older ELSTER versions).

We assume SAP will delivery a patch soon, they also found that bug already.

Important also: if you use ECC 5.0, do NOT follow the steps regarding the configuration scenario described in the OSS note for 7.1. Instead, create configuration objects for FI_DE_B2A_ELSTER_XI, same as in XI 3.0

Because the config scenario for 7.1 uses a different interface which does not work with ECC 5.0

P.S.: another important aspect is that SAP replied to us in this OSS note that this scenario is not officially supported... hope that will change soon. No customer will upgrade his ERP system from ECC 5 to 6 just because Elster is not supported.

CSY

Edited by: Christian Sy on Oct 8, 2009 1:57 PM