cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Event Processing Time in HCM P&F

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I write User Event to perform only three fields and has been called from ISR_EVENT in Form. But as we aware, it call every operation because the field Effective Date that is in every operation. And even worst, drop down list need to be called everytime otherwise it will gone.

How can we manage to run only operation that we want with selected User Event? I try to use rule and control with the flag inside User Event but it is not allowed me to control that flag because it run search help in second round and run every Operation again.

And how to avoid to call search help everytime and still remain search help. Since every operation is run every User Event, it use a lot of processing time even though the selected operation from User Event that we call is very fast.

Thanks for your help. Please let me know if you need more clarification.

Best Regards,

Visut

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

User Events do NOT work as you expect them too in HCM P&F. I have writen about this ENDLESSLY. haha

Pretty much, you have to get VERY creative on how you handle them to get them to work as you expect. I use a few "tricks" now to get them to fire like I want them too, but as you said, you will still have some other operations that "fire" regardless just due to the limitations.

My opinion....they need to rethink/rewrite the whole way they handle User Events. I have some ideas on it...might even blog it...but I doubt SAP cares very much to hear them. haha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Probably need to send it back to SAP to re-consider what they are doing now.