cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when sending IDOC from ECC to MII 12.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have followed the document "[How to Send an IDoc from SAP ECC to the SAP MII IDoc Listener|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/50775783-6cb1-2b10-90b0-e6bc2c0b8563]" to configure the scenario to send IDOC from SAP ECC 6.0 to MII 12.0.

But when sending 53 IDOCs by Tcode POIT to MII, I have problem as below:

- 53 IDOCS were successfully outbounded (list in WE02).

- 8 IDOCs were successfully sent to MII IDOC listener (these 8 IDOCs messages exist in list of Message Monitor).

- 45 IDOCS were error with message in SM58: "Bean IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS not found on host xxx, ProgId=yyy".

I'm wonder why some IDOCs were successful while some others were error. If the bean IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS don't exist in EJB, why some IDOCs successful found this bean?

I have another wonder: in this scenario document, all IDOC message type (SYNCH, LOIPRO) is configured in outbound parameters of RECEIVER (receiver logical system), why they weren't configured them in outbound parameters of SENDER (sender logical system)?

If some have the same problem and know how to resolve it, could you please help me?

Thank a lot in advance,

Vinh Vo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi VInh,

Generally that error and behavior occur when you have a prog id explicitly defined in NW in addition to the one automatically set when the directions were followed. It may be that you are using a previously defined Prog ID. You may also be trying to use a single RFC Destination and have it pointing to more than one destination MII system. In both cases, the delivery recipient is unable to be consistently determined by NW, so sometimes it goes where you wish and sometimes it doesn't.

These are the two most likely problems, but there can be other causes to your errors. Please check those out and post your results.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I have really used a Program ID (MII_IDOC) which was explicitly defined in NetWeaver.

So I would like to focus on 1st problem: "when you have a prog id explicitly defined in NW in addition to the one automatically set when the directions were followed. It may be that you are using a previously defined Prog ID".

But I don't understand about " the one automatically set when the directions were followed.", could you please explain more about this: which Program ID set automatically additionally when the directions were followed?

In my case:

- If I don't define explicitly Program ID, I can't define RFC destination to MII server (registered server program is obligatory in RFC destination). Which Program ID can be used in this case.

- If I define explicitly a Program ID, which another Program ID will set automatically, and how can I find this Program ID name, do this Program Id have the same name with Program ID explicit, and do I have to use this Program ID in RFC destination?

Thank you very much, Mike,

Vinh Vo

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinh,

Please read the following document:

[IDOC Listener|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/bpx-community/manufacturing/how%20to%20send%20an%20idoc%20from%20sap%20ecc%20to%20the%20sap%20mii%20idoc%20listener.pdf]

If you explicitly defined a Prog ID in NW, then you have done an extra step and are confusing NW with the real destination.

In basic terms, you set up an RFC destination (with an assigned ProgID) in ERP, then configure MII to point to it.

I suggest that you follow the document completely and do nothing else to set up a new listener.

If you are not using ECC 6.0, you may find the paths are different, but the transactions codes are generally the same. However, you may want to check with some of the older installation instructions regarding specific modifications. Look in the Wiki for MII under Connectivity.

Good luck,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Great! you are right. Now the scenario work fine.

Just I have done a step unnecessary for Program ID. I don't have to define explicitly the Program ID in Java stack, when starting IDOC Listener in MII, the Program ID will automatically be generated in Java stack and then RFC testing is OK too. ;-D

Thanks so much Mike again,

Vinh Vo

Answers (0)