cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing for Consulting Hours

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day Gurus.

I am busy setting the SD module for a Labour Broking company. The company has consultants that are at client site, the company needs to bill the Client (Customer) with the total hours that consultants are spending at a client site.

I have checked the system and realize that since no product needs to be purchased and no stock wil be kept. I'm led to believe that CUSTOMER SERVICE will handle this requirement. My problem is that I have never encountered this, so I need help in terms of setting this up.

Step by step guidance will definitely be a great help.

Regards,

Kennedy.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sarthak_mohantysd
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think the set up needs to be configured exactly similar to the case of DIP profile confined to customer Service. Please follow the following procedure.

1. First of all create a Material "ABC", make the required setting for item category group.

2. With the combination of Sales Document type and Item category group, maintain Item category as "SERVICE".

3. You can have simple Business senario's i.e. Sales order --> Billing Request --. Billing document.

I have also provided a link for setting up DIP profile and this link would definitely help you in dealing with consulting hours.

http://pjatkin.users.btopenworld.com/documents/DP90_Documentation.pdf

Kindly update your post and let us know if you still need more clarification on this process.

Regards,

Sarthak

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kennedy,

You can make an order -> Billing Request -> Billing.

Suppose you have an order from a customer for 200 Hrs. But in a particular month you gave a service for 100 hours, which you want to bill.

Then with ref. to order, you can make a billing request for 100 hrs and do the billing with ref. to the billing request.

Billing request is also a sale document type which you create through VA01.

Create a material (For consulitng services and ) , and the item category is service item.

Maintain the condition record for the pricing per hour rate.

Regards,

Sai