Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to apply Name attribute to rowset while creating a rowset in TRX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have two transactions.

In my first transaction, I am creating a multi-rowset XML document using couple of repeaters and XML Output actions block from BLS such as Rowset and Row.

In my second transaction, I am loading my first transactions multi-rowset XML document output and doing some processing on it. Since its multi-rowset document, in the second transaction I need to provide my rowset number as shown below..

Rowsets/Rowset[1]/Row

and

Rowsets/Rowset[2]/Row

I would like to assign some names to these Rowsets in my first transactions and refer those names in my second transaction.

see below what I want

Rowsets/Rowset[testname1]/Row

and

Rowsets/Rowset[testname2]/Row

So the question is, Can I assign a name to the Rowset, while its being created in BLS.

Reference :-

I am sure that, name attribute is possible in XML rowset, as shown below.

<Rowsets>

<Rowset name="testname1">

<Row>

</Row>

</Rowset>

<Rowset name="testname2">

<Row>

</Row>

</Rowset>

</Rowsets>

Many thanks in advance for suggestions.

Edited by: Vijay Aundhekar on Sep 10, 2009 12:05 PM

Edited by: Vijay Aundhekar on Sep 10, 2009 12:06 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay

Try like this: suppose in your second transaction, you are calling the ist transaction with multiple reowsets.

In Xpath you use like this: isttrx.OutputXML{/Rowsets/Rowset[1]/Row} (Which rowset you need give that inex).

I have done like this and it is working for me.Hope this may help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manisha,

thanks for your inputs.

Yes, currently I am fetching data by requesting the Rowset by index number itself.

I am curious to know if I could request data by Rowset name. And for that I need to assign name property to Rowset while getting created in BLS.

This will help me and the application debugger's in future as the Rowsets are more than 10 in quantity and hence it becomes bit difficult to use index numbers.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The name attribute is really not valid in the Rowset document format context. What's wrong with requesting Rowset by index? You are putting them together in a particular order inside your trx aren't you?

What is the endpoint for this xml document - an XacuteQuery, an external WebService call?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jeremy,

thanks for your inputs.

Currently I am fetching data by requesting the Rowset by index number itself.

Since, the endpoint for my xml document is java servlet and an external XSL Stylesheet, I am curious to know if I could request data by Rowset name.

This will help me and the application debugger's in future as the Rowsets are more than 10 in quantity and hence it becomes bit difficult to use index numbers.