cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Metadata of component EquipmentShipment is not valid!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have created one webdynpro DC -A which has two DCs as used DC- B & C.

Now everything builds & runs fine on local server. but when I activate DC "A" gives build errors, as it does not get reference for DC -B.

Here is the error:

"Error: Metadata of component EquipmentShipment is not valid! "Role "UsedComponent": A minimum of 1 object(s) is required!" "

This error is only for "B" not "C"

I tried rebuild, resync, recreate the dependency through public part but no use.

Could you please help me with this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Sarika.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

susmita_panigrahi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sarika

you can check in CBS server also for the Broken DC in the compartment.You need to ensure no build errors are there on child DC.1st build and deply the child DC.Also before activating the main DC, child DC should be activated to DTR.

Thanks

Susmita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check one thing if dc B is from another SC(software component).

If not then rebuild DC B.And Repeat the process of addind dc B To DC A,b'coz sometimes some some changes are not reflected as build is not done properly.

Also check If Any content of RFC is not changed in DC B.

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarika,

Generally these type of errors occur due to broken DCs. Check DC build for 'B'. You may find more accurate information in the build report. I too faced similar issue once then the problem was some of the RFC changes were not imported. Check whether it is also same case for you.

If it is a wd-gen error, try to remove wdgen and gen folders for DC-B and build & try.

Still you have problem, check this [thread |;whether it can help you.

Regards,

Siva

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarika,

While adding dependency, did you check the dependency "Deploy Time" check box as well? If not, please do it and try to deploy again.

Do the same for "C" as well.

Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Siva,

I have already done this.. depencies are defined properly.

DC "C" does not have any issue.

Regards,

sarika