cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installation of ECC, XI and SUS on same instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

could you please clarify what I understood from the SAP documentations regarding the installation of the components mySAP ERP (ECC), Netweaver (XI) and SRM Server (SUS) on the same instance?

- Do I need ECC 5.0 or ECC 6.0 to install SRM Server as an additional component on the same server? SAP speaks of mySAP ERP <b>2005</b> (which means ECC <b>6</b>.0), but at the same time it says ECC <b>5</b>.0.

- I have to install SRM Server 5.0, not SRM Server 5.5?

- I need the XI to transfer documents from the ECC component to the SRM Server component when I use the supplier portal (SUS)?

- I have to configure each component as a separate client on the same system?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

Regards,

Karsten

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karsten,

- SRM can run in a standalone mode (without any R/3 backend), or in more integrated scenario (classic or extended classic), or even more integrated with the new mySAP ERP 2005 scenario (SRM@ERP). In this last scenario, SRM is installed as an add-on on my SAP ERP 2005 (ECC 6.0). In that case, there are some limitations (SRM can not be used in a multi backend scenario...). my SAP ERP licences allow you to use SRM self service procurement, catalog and content management, Invoice Management System. Supplier Enablement (SUS) requires additional pricing.

- Only SRM Server 5.5 (mySAP SRM 5.0) can run on mySAP ERP 2005. End of Ramp Up phase planned for end of may.

- Yes, order collaboration scenario uses XI to exchange PO/ASN/GR... messages

- No. If you use SRM@ERP scenario, the same client is shared. Shopping carts created in "SRM", are transfered into "R/3" documents. If you use a separate SRM server, then it has its own WAS/Client landscape.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christophe,

thanks for the quick answers. But another question arises from it:

When I use ECC and SRM Server 5.5 with the Supplier Enablement scenario (i.e. SUS), I need the XI.

-Do I have to install the XI on a separate client (in addition to the ECC/SUS client), or can I use only one client for all three components?

Thanks a lot,

Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karsten,

I think XI can be installed on mySAP ERP as well.

It's more a question of server sizing and performance.

Vendors are accessing to SUS, so usually it is installed in a secured area (in the DMZ).

You talked about "ECC/SUS client" : I don't think it has been validated to use SUS on mySAP ERP (like for SRM side).

You can have one box for ECCSRMXI (One Client Deployment), and one box for SUS.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

thanks for the clarification!

Best regards,

Karsten

Answers (0)