cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inspection lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

1. is there any function module or BAPI to create inspection lot?

2. whenever inspection lot created automatically - how to communicate this lot is created and request for inspection

because when material received in to store / SAP and, inspection lot created. but QC lab will not know & they need to inspect that material . Apart from inspection instruction is there any other option or print forms availbale.

because inspection instruction has list of all MIC to be inspected and Sampling procedure but they don't want this.

QA32/33 - they don't run each and every hours-- reluctant to run ---> that's why i am looking for some other options

please give sime idea if you come across such scenarios

thanks

Sami

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1.QPL1_INSPECTION_LOT_CREATE

2.you may have to customize a work flow when inspection lot is created.

As per my knowledge there is no such provision for triggering mail.

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sujit & hemant

Thanks for the quick info

Hemant -- sorry we can't use that. It leads to more confusion

Sujit/Hemant

Can you please tell me how did you handle these kind of scenario''s and what is the best practice

In general inspection instruction will be ok or force them to have a look QA32

throw some lights on this issue plz

thanks

sami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It was just an workaround suggested as it was not the standard practice.

The standard practice is to see worklist QA32 and refresh it with the button available at the top of worklist.

It is not clear why user dont want to see QA32, but if it is the requirement then you have to develop a custom workflow for that.

regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The standard practice is to see worklist QA32 and refresh it with the button available at the top of worklist.

it is Comman practics that all Industry follow.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May or may not suit your requirement but can be an alternate way of working with this.

Let the lot get created as per the standard way i.e. when you do GR, inspection lot is created.

Create one UD codes with description 'Awaiting Inspection' and assign follow-up action to this which triggeres the mail. (there are some standard follow-up functions available - or you can create your own & assign (do not attche any posting proposal to this).

Now always take 'Auto UD' for all lots created this way with UD code 'Awaiting Inspection'.

As soon as the UD is done the mail will be triggered to the inspector to carry out the inspection. Then the inspector can change the UD as required.

regards