cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to remove JCO Connection after deleting model

former_member181928
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi i have a scenario where where i had created two JCO connections in my web dynpro application...due to some change in the import paramters of the Function module..i had to delete the previous model and then create a new model..I specified a new Logical JCO Connection name this time .. But the JCO Connections (1 for modeldata & 1 for metadata) is still appearing in the COntent administrator of the Web Dynpro along with the new Jco Connection Created although it is actually deleted..

How do i remove this unwanted JCO Connections entry ..and will it have any affect on the whole application even if kept .

regards

Nilesh Taunk.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

very nice Nandini Hoodini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

The unwanted JCO connections will not have any affect on ur application.

So there is no need to delete them. If still you want to delete them goto-> content administrator -> Maintain JCO destinations -> Select the source -> and then Remove.

Lokesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh

1.Choose "Remove" tab from the connection you want to remove.

2.Logout/Close Content Administrator.

and close the browser window.

3.Login Again and hopefully deleted connection won't appear.

4.If the old connection is still there restart the J2EE engine.

And all will be fine.

Hope this solves the problem

Regards

Ananda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think it wont affect your appliction even if the JCO Destinations exists.

To delete the JCO Destinations created Choose the option "Remove" of the destination that wanted to be deleted in the Webdynpro Content Administrator.

Also if some changes have been made to the funtion module you can reimport the model again.

To do so, Right click the existing model --> Reimport Model.

And after reimporting the model restart the server to aviod the metadata cashe problem.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rathna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi nilesh

if u want to make sure tht ur model is not using the JCO destinations of ur prev (deleted) model, do the following thing..

1.Choose the properties of ur DC or Local development project (whichever applies in ur case).

2.Select 'Web Dynpro References'

3. In 'Web Dynpro References', select 'JCO References' tab.

Here, u can delete the JCO destinations of ur older model nt being used.

Try this out and please tell us.

Please reward us appropriately.

Regards

Nandini

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi!

Nandini's suggestion works!

removing the JCO destinations in the Content Administrator only "deactivates" the destinations.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for my earlier reply, i misunderstood your question.

kushagra.

Message was edited by: kushagra mittal

former_member181928
Participant
0 Kudos

Even if you click on the JCO Destination Tab and remove the unwanted JCO connections they will still appear there and can be recreated... when the model associated with it has been deleted then i dont think they should they be visible in the JCO Connections tab when the application is redeployed.

regards

Nilesh Taunk.