cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Characteristic in VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am new to variant configuration. I have gone through the links and doculents provided for VC which I found really useful.

I have one question. What is the use of the table name and field in Addtional Data tab of characteristic in transaction CT04. I could not get a clear cut answer in any document and to to simply say, I failed to understand the real use of this table and field.

Please elaborate.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Sunny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Table and fields will be used when you want a price through variant conditons

Thanks and regards

kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, is it used only to get price?Nothing else?

Thanks and regards..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is table name that the variant characteristic is refering to a table.

In general it is used for pricing only.

But it can used for for other tables also.

It is intended not only for pricing but other tables can be used.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the reply.

If I understood well, for all the characteric values, where pricing is required, condition table VK11 for VA00 condition type is to be maintained. The same values will be fetched through SDCOM_VKOND to enable the pricing done in VC.

Is it correct?

Cheers

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes,you are right.

It is not exactly the same values but it uses the key field "VKOND".

"SDCOM" is astructure which contains the value of the variant condition.

I wil give you an example.

If your variant condition is "T0".

The same will be assigned to your condition type for example "MWST".

It contains a key field as "Variant condition" which is technically known as "VKNOD".

Suppose for your material it is determined as "T0",then it will cross check with the Condition record of MWST and fetch the value against this T0.

I hope you understood now.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SDCOM is the structure that contains the fields which stores data in them during sales order creation runtime. This structure is used by VC during sales order creation. It is generally used, but not limited to, pricing.

Look into the structure SDCOM in SE11. You will be able to use all the fields that it has in VC. For example, if you have a requirement like this:

If Net Weight of the material is between 30-40 Kg, then the color cannot be black. In this case, you need to get the Net weight of the item as a characteristic in VC based on its value, the color characteristic can have a dependency. So to get the new weight value in the characteristic, you will take the value from this structure SDCOM.

Another example could be that based on the order qty, the packaging material can change. So both Qty and Pack matr. can be different chr and Order qty value can be fetched from SDCOM and the appropriate field in that.

Hope that helps.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

A characteristic created with a value in Table and Field in the Additional Data tab is called Reference Characteristic. A Reference Characteistics is generally used for Variant Pricing and changing BOM Qty in Super BOM.