cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPCA-TBOM mass creation - TestManagement Solution Manager

0 Kudos

Hi,

To generate a Change Analuzer report result, we must create a TBOM for all and any t-code assigned to each Node in the Process structure. Creating either static (and even more with) dynamic TBOM requires a lot of time. My project has 260 processes, each with 5-10 t-codes. Is there a way to do a mass TBOM create with type static for a Project Scenario or Process Node for all t-codes?

This type of functionality would really help user's acceptance of BPCA and the whole SolMan Project value to more systematicaly and automaticlay allow for Impact Analysis.

Is there a mass creation function for static TBOM at Project Node level?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jean-Pierre,

Mass generation for T-Bom is technically impossible. Because you have to launch transaction with data, click on button, choose radiobutton... in a nutshell simulate a real execution of the transaction.

Some works on this topic was performed internally but i'm afraid that this mass generation stays a dream...

We can just hope that T-Bom generation will be linked to Test Management scenario with Solman, QC & TAO.

BR,

David

Edited by: David HOUSSEMAND on Sep 10, 2009 9:21 PM

0 Kudos

Hello,

The dynamic TBOM requires accessing the t-code and running a scenario, however, the static TBOM creation does not require running t-code.

I was hoping that there could be a way to generate STATIC TBOMS in a mass process. Static TBOM is not as precise as dynamic, but with going down 3 levels it can be a good fit for most t-codes.

Our strategy would be to create STATIC TBOM for all standard t-codes, and create dynamic TBOM for Z* t-codes which requires more detailed analysis and maintenance.

Thanks for your answer.

JP.Pericaud

0 Kudos

Hi Jean Pierre,

At the moment there is no such functionality for mass generation of static TBOMS.

However it is a good idea and we will take it into consideration for our future planning.

Best regards,

Reinhold Konnerth

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use program - AGS_BPCA_TBOM_STATIC_GEN

I027960
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi,

The use of E2E has nothing to do with Root Cause Analysis E2E Trace Analysis. You have to use this option when the scenario involved a third sap party.

E.G: You create a T-BOM for VA01 but the ATP check is done in a APO system. Therefore, the use of E2E will also get object from APO into the TBOM.

Regards

Stephane Gimeno

SAP ALM RIG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jean:

I dont know if you got an answer for your automatic TBOM creation for STATIC. We created a TEST SCRIPT with Worksoft, that would pick every Ttransaciton code and generate the TBOM. They information is housed in Solution Manager system so you can run the test script from Sol Man and execute it to generate all the TBOM's at once.

Hope this Helps

Ajay Vonkarey

Alpha Sirius Inc.

Certified in Run SAP Implementation

www.alphasirius.com

http://www.linkedin.com/avonkarey

Twitter u2013 alphasirius_sap

0 Kudos

Hi,

E2E trace is part of the "End to End Root Cause Aanalysis" tool. I have not used that tool.

The 2 options I know for TBOM creation are Dynamic or Static; those are the only 2 available in SOLAR02.

0 Kudos

Hi,

0 Kudos

Hi,

0 Kudos

Hi,

0 Kudos

Hi,

0 Kudos

Hi,

Edited by: Jean-Pierre Pericaud on Nov 17, 2009 10:33 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone explain the TBOM creation mode "E2E Trace"?

Thanks,

Lonny

0 Kudos

With BPCA, T-Bom (TBOM) creation is required. There is no mass Static T-Bom creation function available today, but it will be included in one next release.