cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone Summary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

I´m totally new about the mobile side of SAP, because I´m centered into the portals development; but I was thinking about the possibilities of integrate the portal and everything else with the iPhone... I´ve been researching a bit over the net but I cannot get a clear idea on how is the SAP+iPhone scene right now...

I read that SAP made a few movements back in the 2007/2008, but I only found "empty words" but no real apps, nor code examples, nor... Nothing.

Can anyone give me a brief summary about how is the real scene today and in the other hand, what we know for sure about the future in this topic??

Thanks a lot in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A SAP CRM 2007 iPhone client is supposed to be available but I don't know if it really is (a BlackBerry client "should" be available as well).

SAP NetWeaver Mobile 7.1 does not support the iPhone as a client and the official roadmap doesn't mention any iPhone client.

I guess you could develop and use web applications on your iPhone or create your own SAP NW Mobile 7.1 iPhone client.

Regards,

Pierre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your time.

It seems again that SAP is a bit slow about this...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also facing same problem . I am using safari iphone as client and want to run Enpterprise portal application on this iphone which is an intranet application.

Can u please provide me a quick solution for the same..

Iphone is displaying the following error if i try to run the intranet application on it."support for mobile browser is not available"

The iphone can run all internet and other intranet applications except this portal application.

Awaiting for your response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you should focus to the portal area with that question. Your portal server checks the type of browser and device before it sends the correct page. In your installation the logon page for this specific combination is not available. I am not sure if there is any at all, but I am pretty certain that you can find a combination.

Unfortunately I just know that you need to do something in that area, but have never done it for my own.

Just raise a question in the portal area and they should be able to help you.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to some SAP CRM consultants I met yesterday, the SAP CRM BlackBerry client is now available and the iPhone client is now in ramp-up. I saw a video of the iPhone client and it looks good.

And a very interesting technical article was posted on SDN last week : [User Lookup iPhone Application Overview|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/30c0db18-7894-2c10-379b-803471136b55].

Regards,

Pierre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks very interesting... I´ll read it carefully.

Thanks you all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

[Nice Blog|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/16360] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

Right now we are working on User Lookup Iphone Application Overview to integrate it to our CRM servers.

We have Created a Webservice for the BAPI (BAPI_USER_GET_DETAIL) to fetch the First name & last name for the given User name. We have used the SOAP url . When we test ithe webservice we are getting the respone for the requset in Netweaver.

When we pass the Url to Iphone simulator we are getting the below errors.

saop url error application id=111 and NSXML Parsor errors (71,42,23)

On the Mac sytem when we test the soap url on saphari browser its not displaying anything. We have installed IE for mac n tested the url its working.(giving the xml code)

Could any one let us know wt we are missing? and also the useage of wsdl n Uddi?

Thanks,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we developing IPhone applications, which isn't actually quite complicated especially if you are using Web-Services.

Take a look here, there is a IPhone application, which is based on SAP.

http://www.ecomize.com/en/products/webshop-iphone.html

Apple provides already a pretty good developer environment and the data can be easily retrieved from SAP to build any kind of solution quite fast and cheap. Would be lovely to have such a environment also available for any other kind of mobile device... which isn't the case

Cheers,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

The Android SDK and APIs are easy to work with, especially if you are a Java developer. The Android platform is really promising. Things have changed a lot since the release of the first Android device a year ago.

And if you are a Java developer, the BlackBerry SDK is not that bad either now that there is an Eclipse plugin.

Regards,

Pierre