cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability of OnChange-Event

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i expected an OnChange-Event to be available with input fields in the new WebDynpro4ABAP in Netweaver 7.1 EHP1. Unfortunately i am unable to find it.

Is this event available on NW 7.1 EHP1?

Is it planned to be downported to NW 7.0 and/or NW 7.01?

Thanks

Florian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

There is no onChange event in Web Dynpro ABAP InputField in NetWeaver 7.0, 7.01, 7.02, 7.1, 7.11, or 7.20.

7.02/7.20 will add the AJAX callback for value suggestion via the new SuggestValues property. However there is no freely programmed onChange event planned for these release.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick reply Thomas. Sorry to hear that. Wasn't there an onChange-Event announced on the TechEd? I also read many presentations featuring this new event. What was the reason for dropping it finally?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

It has appeared in some slides, yes, as possible future event. Web Dynpro Java in NetWeaver CE 7.11 does have an onChange event for the InputField - which is why it appears in some slide decks. However it might also not be what you expect. The inputField has to lose focus as well has have a changed value in it before the onChange event fires. Therefore it isn't an interactive callback as the values are changed.

Firing the complete Web Dynpro Phase Model for every character typed during input would be quite costly. That is why the AJAX callback used for the SuggestValues doesn't fire the whole Phase Model - it uses a special, direct access to the just the SearchHelp processing for this one field.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on SAP NW 7. I dont find any such event..I guess it is not there.