Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relationships in ServiceDesk

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, colleagues!

Could you tell me some conceptual things in Service Desk customization? Before I customized ServiceDesk without enough attention on details, but now I need in these conceptual things.

1) What are Catalogs, Codes and Profiles need for? What can I manage with them?

2) How are Transaction Types, Partner Determ.Proc, Status Profile, Organizational Model, Action Profile related?

I need to config standart Service Desk (Customer - SAP).

And as I know I must define my Organizational Model according with present model of Service Desk.

MyOrg (Sold-to-Party) Should I use Sold-to-Party or Business Partner (Gen.)?

1st level support: Team MM, Team BC...

2nd level support: expert Team MM, expert Team BC...

SAP

Then I should define Rules (TA PFAC) which controls problem-ticket route. Does Action Profile define steps on problem-ticket resolving too?

What is the difference between SLF1 Service Desk Service Message and SLFN Support Message Service Desk Message? Which will be assigned for my scenario amd how?

Regards,

Art

Essential help will be regarded!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1)Catalogs, Codes and Profiles need for? What can I manage with them?

Enough documentation is given at SPRO:

SPRO->Customenr Relationship Management->Basic Functions->Catalogs, Codes and Profiles.

2)If a support desk messge is created, a CR will be created for it's changes.

These blogs explain more details about these relations:

/people/bruyneel.guillaume/blog/2008/05/02/service-desk-implementation-guide-part-i

/people/bruyneel.guillaume/blog/2008/06/13/service-desk-implementation-guide-part-ii

3)Partner Determ.Procedure, Organizational Model, Action Profile

Partner Determ.Procedure is used to determine the partners related to the support desk message while creating it.

Organizational Model is used to determine the partner's position and level.

For more details: /people/dolores.correa/blog/2007/10/06/service-desk-support-team-determination

Action Profile is used to execute an action during the process of service desk.

Say for example if an email needs to be sent a message processore if the support desk messge is assigned to him.

For more details: /people/dolores.correa/blog/2007/09/18/sending-e-mail-from-support-message

4)Yes, You can setup your service desk and organisation model based upon your requirement.

/people/kamran.ellahi2/blog/2006/01/13/setting-up-sap-service-desk-123-and-go

5)Then I should define Rules (TA PFAC) which controls problem-ticket route.

Does Action Profile define steps on problem-ticket resolving too?

Yes.

6)What is the difference between SLF1 Service Desk Service Message and SLFN Support Message Service Desk Message? Which will be assigned for my scenario amd how?

SLF1 is an issue. This may not follow service desk procedure.

SLFN is a message. This will follow service desk procedure. Like SLFN->SDCR->SDMJ.

So you have to use transaction type SLFN for your scenario.

Hope this may helps you.

Regards

Sanjai

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi again!

Could someone tell me how related organisational data model with rule?

I have some doubts about it.

In transaction definition I've found that you can define organ. data model profile SLFN00000001 SERVICE Service Desk Service Procedure (in Tx CRMC_ORGPROF), but this profile related with Organizational Model Determin. Rule 14000164 Service Org.Using Partner Attribute Cnty. Should I change 14000164 with 13200137 I mean legal changes (create Z orgdatamodel profile and assigned it with 13200137 rule). Or rule 13200137 will be work regardless on 14000164 rule?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjai

I have configured service desk and determination of message processor

Users can change status of service desk message trough B_USERSTAT Authorization object if the Actions are available regarding the ticket status

I like to set conditions, sou2026 if service message are assigned to BASIS TEAM only this group must change service message status or edit the service desk message

Thereu2019s any way to do this trough authorization objects?? B_USERST_T maybe ? combination of B_USERSTAT & B_USERST_T (activation) ?? Status profiles & Authorization key & transactions types, actions profiles??

Best regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Gurus, please clear my doubts.

Will be rule 14000164 from organizational data profile conflict with 13200137 rule if I choose Org.data model profile?

Edited by: Artem Ivashkin on Sep 29, 2009 3:29 PM