cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wage Type for Travel Expense

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

There are already some wage types assigned to the Travel Expenses Type, for example:

1. MJ10 assigned to Expense Type "HTL" (Hotel)

2. MJ20 assigned to Expense Type "BRFT" (Breakfast)

However, when I check in Payroll config, these wage types do not exist.

When I try to create them in Payroll, the system shows a warning message like "Copying to the reserved SAP name range MJ20 is not allowed".

How am I going to create wage type for travel expense?

Do I need to change the wage type name so that they are different from the standard?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Employees enter expenses against an expense type. How each expense type should be posted in finance has been configured in the system . Each expense type needs to be configured to a wage type. Each wage type in turn is mapped to a symbolic account. A symbolic account in Travel Management represents an account in financial accounting. Each symbolic account can be mapped to a g/l account or a vendor account depending on how financial postings are to be done. The relationship between a wage type and an expense type can be 1-to-many. Since all expense types, except one, are posted to different g/l accounts, for every single expense type, there is a wage type created in the system.

You can create wage type

Menu Path u2013 IMG > Financial Accounting > Travel Management > Integration of Travel Management and Payroll> Wage Types > Create Wage Type Catalog

Wage types can be copied from the standard wage type available in SAP. The short text and long text can be changed before copying the wage type. MJ30 wage type has been used to create all wage types required.

Cya

udayakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the system, for example, Expense Type "HTL (Hotel)" has been initially linked to wage type MJ10 which cannot be found in the wage type catalog.

Now, should I create a new wage type and assign it to Expense Type "HTL (Hotel)"?

If I'm going to create a new one, I cannot copy it into the name "MJ10" because system shows a message "Copying to the reserved SAP name range MJ10 is not allowed".

Is it okay for me to name it to anything else (such as "9xxx") other than MJxx series which are initially assigned to the expense types?

If I'm going to name the wage types into another naming range, I'll need to change all the initial wage type assignment to all the expense types.

Is this correct?

Thanks a lot!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes you are right, initial wage type assignment to all the expense types.

Cya

udayakumar.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much!!

I'll try it now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udaya

Can u tell me how can we assign Std wage types like MJ10,20,30. I want to copy them & make my custom.. whilst its not available in wage type catalog. kindly suggest what wage types i need to take for assigning to my Expenses.

Await for ur valuable suggestion

Cheers

Pradyp

Answers (0)