cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to generate permanent license key for SAP Solution manager 3.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We are using sap ecc 5.0 and my solution manager version is 3.2.the temporary license key for solution manager is expired now i want to instaal permanent license key to it.while generating permanent license key for solution manager when i got to sap service market place there is no any seperate installation number for sap solution manager and when i select the the installation nuber of sap erp product in that case when i select solution manager in product column i get a warning that

"The SAP software product you selected does not agree with the SAP product of your installation". whether i have to generate new seperate installation number for SAP Soluiton Manager.if it is then how to generate new installation number, plz suggest.

Regards

Pranav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav

I would recommend to raise a message with XX-SER-LIKEY or contact the contracts team on

http://service.sap.com/contracts - there may not be much that can be technically recommended to try from your side

- I guess I would try again to ensure all required information is entered - in particular ensure you are requesting

this under a Solution Manager installation with the Solution Manager installation number

This error could be a result of upgrade,cluster or MCOD installation, duplicate hardware key,system copy, addin or unsupported installation - it could be a simple as a delay updating system information on the SAP side or it could be due to actual license restrictions

Best wishes

Stuart

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you have the same installation number for your ECC and SolMan System and your license agreement does not allow this. So a dedicated license for SolMan should work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thnx for ur suggestion.how can we generate a dedicated license for solman.plz suggest if i have to create a new seperate installation number for Solman thn how to do that.plz suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

goto your SolMan Transaction SMSY

click on select object, enter the SID of your SolMan and click on Generate Installation/upgrade key (CTRLSHIFtF10)