cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Can any one help me know what are the different models we generally follow during working on data modeling of the repository.

Thanks,

MS Reddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy

Data modeling for repository is the most important activity during MDM implementation projects. There are different methods avl for Data modeling.

The three common logical-level models are:

1. Hierarchical Data Model

2. Network Data Model

3. Relational Data Model

Out of the above 3 Relational Model is mostly used.In the relational data model the database is represented as a group of related tables.In addition, the relational data model is not as biased towards a particular kind of structure as the hierarchical model. The relational data model is prepared based on ER diagram, this helps in preparing the logical data model.

For more details you can refer to following link:

http://206.222.18.10/media/documents/dbva40dg/html/Ch04_Designing_Data_Model_with_Entity_Relationshi...

best regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi Kumar,

I am sorry. I have given the 10 points to another person instead of you by mistake. I want to cancel that and give you 10 points as your answer is perfect answer for my question. Can you please let me know how to transfer the points to your name. Let me know how I can transfer the points to your name. Feeling guilty for my mistake of giving points to other guy.

Thanks,

MS Reddy

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MS Reddy,

May be the following also consider -

Conceptual data models - Explore domain concepts with project stakeholders. Conceptual data models are often created as the precursor to logical data models or as alternatives to logical data models.. Easy to understand for stakeholders. Conceptual data models typically have the least amount of information.

Physical Model - Design the internal schema of a database, depicting the data tables, the data columns of those tables, and the relationships between the tables.Provides information about table schema. Can rapidly become very complex

Logical Data Model - Depict the logical entity types, typically referred to simply as entity types, the data attributes describing those entities, and the relationships between the entities.Provides information about entity relationships

Still too simple.

Thanks,

Kolusuresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have given points for wrong person by mistake . The 10 points which i gave want to give for the person who has given me answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

To add upon to the above inputs,

- Tthe data model should have only the global attributes present in the data model.

- We should carefully select the field properties based on therequirement.

- Understand the field properties corrctly & model the field types in the data model.

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member189669
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

An optimised Data model should -

- Contain a limited number of tables and fields

- Able to navigate easily in the MDM Data Manager

- Perform well during search & maintenance of records

- Be free of workarounds

- Show good performance during import load & syndication

- Be loaded in a reasonable time

Please consider these points while preparing your data model.

Regards,

Vinay M,S