cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving CDCLS Cluster

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a client requirement for archiving and removing entries from CDCLS cluster as it is possing a significant block with regard to run times.

I find that SAP has provided two reports for archival and deletion of entries from CDCLS.

As CDCLS is included in all objects, my concern is that, after we delete entries using the deletion report provided, what will happen if i try to archive the same data using another object?

Will it let me do that? Or will it be archiving the same data over?

To quote an example: If we Archive CDCLS entries for Purchasing or Sales document first, and then we archive the Purchasing documents or sales documents, can user access the data together for a SINGLE purchase or sales order?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janani,

Change documents are only archived together with application data for which they have been created. The archiving object CHANGDOCU should only be used to archive the change documents of master data. Change documents of transaction data should only be archived along with the appropriate archiving object. The change documents archived via the archiving object CHANGEDOCU are not available via the application object. They can only be read with the read program for the CHANGEDOCU archiving object and not the application objects.

Hope this helps

Cheers!

Samanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janani,

I have been requested the same thus I would like to know 'how to' set such an archival of table CDCLS table entries?

Did you reach this goal?

As the export of table CDCLS takes a long time, I would like to improve my scenario to perform ECC 6.0 migration.

Thnaks in advance for any insight on this topic.

Rgds,

Zulain