Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration Oracle to SQL Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello folks

I´m planning database migrate from oracle to sql server 2005

I have windows 2003 server 32bits, R3 4.72 and Oracle 9i, i want to change just database software (oracle to sql)

Do you have any idea to do this?

I was thinking use the installation master to do the export database and later instal sql server and import the database via installation master too but im not sure if a will get errors or something like that

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks folks for your helpfull information

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I´m planning database migrate from oracle to sql server 2005

I have windows 2003 server 32bits, R3 4.72 and Oracle 9i, i want to change just database software (oracle to sql)

Do you have any idea to do this?

Heterogeneous migrations must be done by a certified migration consultant, otherwise you will loose support for the migration itself and for the target system. See http://service.sap.com/osdbmigration

I was thinking use the installation master to do the export database and later instal sql server and import the database via installation master too but im not sure if a will get errors or something like that

Basically you're right - but there are a few things for source and target system to consider; using just the tools and kernels from the installation DVD is likely to fail since they are too old and must be replaced during the migration with newer tools.

BTW: there's a separate forum for migrations:

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may want follow hetrogeneous system copy []