Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving ALV List

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if an ALV list report could be saved as LIST (as in 'SAVE_LIST'). I don't want to use 'Submit....exporting list to memory and return' as then I have to trigger my program twice, once for getting the output in Spool and then again in my internal table. Can 'Save_list' be used for ALV report?

What I want to do is, 1st my program will scheduled in background, so i have to generate a spool there. And then I want to send the report in mail as well (for this, I want to get the report in ABAPLIST format, so that I can then convert this to HTML).

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use LIST Display instead of GRID Display to solve your problem

0 Kudos

I am using list display itself (not grid), but how does it help? When I call 'Save_list' after 'reuse_alv_list_display' i get a sy-subrc = 1.

0 Kudos

I think you can use SAVE_LIST only when you are using WRITE statements, with ALV, don't think so.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Yes, I also get the same feeling.

Then is there any alternative way of getting the ALV report in ABAPLIST format in an internal table? Any function module/method?

0 Kudos

Is there any alternate way of 'Submit prog exporting list to memory and return' for ALV reports so that I can export the list to memory from that program itself avoid doing the same processing twice ?