cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on Multiple developers working on Web Dynpro ABAP application.

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am a Web Dynpro java (WDJ) developer, I have a query on web dynpro ABAP (WDA).

One of our coleagues claim at a single instance only one developer can work on a application in WDA since its the constraint in ABAP workbench which locks the entire application / object by the developer, unlike in WDJ you can use NWDI to control concurent development & verson management.

This query might be silly to hear but I am no ABAPer.

Thanks in advance,

Sai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge....

Same WDA can be accessed by many at samtime..unless special explict locks are applied to the application...to avoid concurrent access to the application...

Can you be more clear...

Regards,

Lekha.

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

Thanks for your quick response..

exmaple to explain my query is..

If I am working on functional module, its locked by my userID and nobody else can try to modify it at thta instance.

Similarly this might be the same case with module pool if I am working on a devlopemnt object, its locked by me and nobody else can work on that at the same instance.

my query is since WDA run on Se80 abap workbench, if I start working on the application modifying view1 can the same application be edited by other user from different system for view2.

In a reverse scenario: if application edit is possible in WDA then at what hierarchy level of the application, development object is locked is it at component level / controller / window / view level if I was working in a view.

Hope this clears ...

Thanks & Regards,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

The answer to your question is YES. Multiple users can edit different views of the same application at the same time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to share my comments on this.

The same component can be edited by many provided they are accessing different views.

- At a time a view cannot be accessed parallely. But at a time a component can be accessed by multiple users. -one in view1 and other in view2.

once more point i need to share is,

Just create a new WDA and save it in a request. Now to to that request level and observe how many entries created.

Each objectcreated under it is accessed only one at a time. Let me know if i am not correct.

Answers (0)