cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with condition editor in Interface determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 5 receivers for an interface. There are some conditions based on which the message should be processed.

one of my condition is:

If field A = CIT* and (field B != IDP or field C != IDP*) then message should be processed to a particular InterfaceMap(Messaeg Map).

I am facing problems when giving the condition with != in the condition editor of InterfaceDetermiantion.

When I send a message that is not satisfying the above condition, even then an output file with 0kb is getiitng created. But in this case, the condition should obstruct the message going to Message mapping.

I thought this could be the problem with != operator in condition editor.

Can any one suggest if there is any other way that i can proceed.

Thanks in advance,

Minisha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Minisha,

In condition editor try this:

[field A u2248 CIT* ] AND

[(field B != IDP EX ) OR

(field C != IDP* EX )]

Alternatively, in the receiver file adapter make empty-message handling to ignore

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Thanks for the suggestion.

But it didnt work for me.

Even when i give empty-message handling to ignore, the empty file is getting generated.

Not even the condition is working.

I tried only giving (field A u2248 CIT* AND field B != IDP EX ), which should work in this case. As expected, the message is not processed beyond this as the condition is false. But problem is when i tested with other testfile with which the condition given is true, still the message is not being processed. it is now completely obstructing the message even if the condition is true.

Thanks,

Mnisha.

Edited by: Minisha Uthaman on Sep 10, 2009 4:12 PM

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Minisha,

>>it is now completely obstructing the message even if the condition is true.

Uncheck maintain order in runtime from interface determination and check once.

>>Even when i give empty-message handling to ignore, the empty file is getting generated. Not even the condition is working.

Check the size of file and also whether it is having any valuue like a "space"

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have unchecked the Maintain Order At Runtime. still the problem is there. Even if the condition is true, it is not processing the message.

None of the values for the 2 fields in conditions have space.

Thanks,

Minisha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

try unchecking check box Multiline in condition editor and see if it works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Multiline in condition editor is unchecked but it is not working.

Thanks

Minisha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Minisha,

If you are trying for not equal to then you have a direct operator in your xpath. Also you can use different options / operators as mentioned in tihs blog. You can also see different xpath functions you can use here:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/06/07/customise-your-xpath-expressions-in-receiver-determination

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the groups created in condition editors. On the right most column (after right Operand column) you will get the AND/ OR options. May be that grouping had affected the expected processing.

Thanks

Swarup