cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Content Integration in MOSS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a question on portal content federation between MOSS and EP.

- Is it possible to federate any portal content in MOSS? ( WD Java , Java/JSP , VC , Adobe Forms , CAF applications , UWL , Business Package content in EP )

Any documentation link which talks about integrating portal content in MOSS , please let me know.

Thanks,

Uma.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks William. Once the Identity Management solution is in place, we will be planning to check more details on the User Management. On the content integration , we might pull the EP into Sharepoint so that we can leverage the roles management in EP itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks William for the response. Another point of concern is the roles management.

For a scenario like ~

WDABAP application developed from SAP side/

Business package implemented for CRM Webclient UI/

we will be having CRM/ECC roles mapped in CUA.How will these be transferred/linked in MOSS?

Thanks,

Uma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uma,

You'll want/need to apply Single Sign-On / SSO; so that the credential with which your user is known/logged-on into MOSS, is mapped to SAP credential. This is a whole topic on itself.

For referral to some documentation on this subject, see my blog [Studying Single Sign-On approaches for SAP and Microsoft|http://williamvanstrien.blogspot.com/2009/07/studying-single-sign-on-approaches-for_17.html]

If you cannot apply SSO, you'll have to come up with an approach to access and map within MOSS runtime context the MOSS credentials to the roles administered in CUA. This will require custom development. Outline of such an appraoch is to apply the ASP.NET membership/role provider functionality.

Best regards, William.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks William. I have tried out the first approach as mentioned in most of the help docs.

The only concern I have is , Iam mapping the MOSS credentials and SAP credentials with user id and password. This is not feasible because of the SAP password I need to enter so that the MOSS SSO Store holds the value. Isnt it ?

Connecting the CUA is a good approach always good. Right?

Thanks,

Uma.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uma,

I'm afraid that in case of 1-on-1 individual user mapping, you have no other option as to administer ALL required SAP credentials in the SSO store. Dependent on the size of your user population this may be either acceptable in case of smaller set, but result in an extra management burden in case of a larger user population.

Since you apparently require knowledge of assigned SAP roles on individual user account, you cannot resort to using a group or service account.

Best regards, William.