cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST06 for Java. System capacity planning stats for Java

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm preparing to add another geography to our BI/Portal environment. We have an idea of the percentage increase in the number of users and wanted a sanity check on sizing.

I can run ST06 in the ABAP BI system and get an idea of how much hardware is being used and what x% growth in users implies in terms of CPU, memory, swap and I/O utilisation.

I can't find similar statistics in the Netweaver Administrator for the Java side.

Where do I find this sort of capacity planning data in the Java stack?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Java Stack means the Portal system ?

two options from my side,

1. If you have E2E configured, then solman will give you all these analysis graphs for portal

2. OS commands will help, like in AIX we use 'topas' to to show ST06, SM66. 'printconf' shows just the os/hardware configuration too but the fixed one i.e. system details, not the real time usage of everything like in 'topas'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Haven't got E2E set up in Solman at present unfortunately. Needs a whole other project for that.

I was hoping to avoid the OS level tools as they don't provide nicely summarised details nor much history. Our Unix outsourcer can turn on tracing to collect the stats but they don't do much analysis for us and we don't have the lead time to collect the stuff now.

susanne_janssen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

on the SAP Service Marketplace, there is a presentation from TechEd that explains how to obtain system performance information.

At service.sap.com/performance (login required), you can check the presentation "System performance tuning for beginners".

Have you used Wily yet?

Best regards,

Susanne

Answers (0)