cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTD/ schema validation and XSLT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to do mappings from IDoc to CIDX messages. The first choice was to do XSLT mappings. But because we need DTD/schema validation we switched to Graphical mapping.

But mapping idocs to cidx messages with graphical mapping is proving to be a difficult job with all the context problems.

Is it possible to combine the advantages of both mapping techniques in the following way.

Define 1 interface mapping with 2 message mappings in it:

- The first 'source to target' with XSLT.

- The second 'target to target' with Graphical mapping (only connecting the top node) so we can have DTD/Schema validation.

Kind regards

Thierry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tiery,

You can have two message mapping in one interface mapping.

But you have to make sure t hat target of first mapping is source of the next mapping.

Mapping

sourceGMTarget1

Target1-XSLTTarget two

IM

Source---GM

XSLT---Target two

Regards

Vijaya

Message was edited by: vijaya kumari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply

I was thinking of doing

Source - XSLT - Target1

Target1 - GM - Target2 (where target1 and target2 have the same structure).

kind regards

Thierry Boeve

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Source - XSLT - Target1

Target1 - GM - Target2

If what I understand is correct,in your INTERFACE MAPPING , then your Source Interafce will point to messagetype of typr SOURCE and Destination Interface will point to message type TARGET2.

If yes, then like i told use SOURCE with XSLT to create TARGET1 , then use TARGET1 as the input to your next mapping program and create the TARGET2 as the output.

In your message mapping,

1 SOURCE TARGET1 will act as the source and destination message types for one mapping (XSLT>)

2. TARGET1 TARGET2 will act as the cource and destination mesage types for the other mapping (GRAPHICAL)

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the clarification.

But how do I include the second mapping in my interface.

I defined the interface as a mapping from Source to target. It only lets me select mappings from Source to target, and not from target to target.

rgds

Thierry

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have the option to select MULTIPLE MAPPING Programs in the INTERFACE MAPPING. Click on the PLUS sign to add multiple mapping progrmas in your Inteface Mapping under Mappinng Progrmas.

Regards,

bhavesh

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thierry,

In the Interface mapping create a new object.

Select your source and target messages.

in the middle between them create a new mapping program XSLT source\or add your already-defined graphical mapping.

The mappings are performed from top to bottom.

Good luck.

Nimrod

Message was edited by: Nimrod Gisis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In ur interface mapping as bahvesh said u can use the symbol to add mapping and there is option to select the type of mapping.

So for source to source u can have XSLT MAPPING and target to target u can choose GRAPHICAL MAPPING.

regards

jithesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

it is possible to have multiple mapping progrmas in your interface mapping.

just remember that the output of the first mapping will be treated as the input for the 2nd and so on. the out put of the final mapping program will be the output of the interface mapping.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tiery,

You can do it in any order that you want.

All you have to make sure is target of first mapping is source of second mapping.

Regards

Vijaya