Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password change error Message on Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Here when user tries to change the password on the portal with one of the previous passwords, we getting an error message "New password cannot be identical to the last 0 passwords".

It happens only when user forced to change the password after logged in with default password.

So I woud to change the text of the error message as " New password cannot be identical to the last 5 passwords".

Could you please let me know how to get this message.

Thanks in Advance..

Best Regards,

Chandra.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you need to change the message in program level. Developer team can help you on it.

Message number: 00193

Program: SAPLWBMESSAGES (For SAP standard program)

Appl. Area: 00

For entering into the details: click on the '?" mark of the error message. Then click on "Technincal Info" then "Navigate".

It will show you the message details.

For SAP standard prgram, the message is:" Please choose a password that is different from your last 5"

Regards,

Sandip

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you need to change the message in program level. Developer team can help you on it.

Message number: 00193

Program: SAPLWBMESSAGES (For SAP standard program)

Appl. Area: 00

For entering into the details: click on the '?" mark of the error message. Then click on "Technincal Info" then "Navigate".

It will show you the message details.

For SAP standard prgram, the message is:" Please choose a password that is different from your last 5"

Regards,

Sandip

0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

Thanks very much for your reply.

it is correct in SAP GUI and it is working fine. Here I'm getting this message on Enterprise portal logon password change page.

I guess this comes from UME services.

Please let me know, if you have any solutions on this.

Thanks in Advance...

Best Regards,

Chandra.

0 Kudos

It's fixed my self.

Change the password histoy parameter to 5.

ume.logon.security_policy.password_history to 5 and it displays the correct error message

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Chandra.