Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

** File to Mail through BPM - Holding Messages

jegathees_waran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We are running File to Mail scenario in our PRD server. We use BPM design to collect messages and grouping it send to mail id with XL attachments.

Some of the messages are in Holding state i.e from the BPM to Mail adapter. I have compared the successful messages payload similar to the holding messages payload. There is no difference. Both payload are correct.

When I resend the holding message, it tries to resend and again going into holding state. I am not able to trace out the reason. Because, the 'To' address is same, body of the content is same (except value).

Do I need to check anything in BPM side ?

Can you help me to identify this problem.

Kind regards,

Jegathees P.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jegatheeswaran,

Make sure you dont have any messages struck in BPM. Also check the queues in xi with smq1 or smq2 transactions. If you have anything then you need to clear them or execute them.

Regards,

---Satish

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

jegathees_waran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Not able to find the exact reason why those messages are holding.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does the messages are gng to hold state in the Mail Adapter Receiver??

If so nthng needs to be done in BPM..

But instead u need to check the Mail adapter Receiver.....

In message monitoring fr this interface and namespace please check if any previos messages are struk in queue..

Check by changing the dates of previos also and delete them....

Once u delete all the messages previos error status... now run end to end.. u will get all the mails...

If still any prblm.. do post

If any question you are closing, please do also post the resolution you found..... So that others can benifit from that

and we can avoid repeated question

Babu

Edited by: hlbabu123 on Sep 28, 2010 4:54 PM

Edited by: hlbabu123 on Sep 28, 2010 4:57 PM

jegathees_waran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Stephen blog explains that how to resend the holding messages. But, we wanted to know why the messages are in holding state when previously no messages stuck in queue, and the payload is fine.

If any SAP Notes (or) links for the reasons of holding, just send me.

I am unable to find the exact reason.

Kind regards,

Jegathees P.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey,

Whether the Mail Server - Receiver end able to receive the messages instantly when PI delivers the message

Cheers

Agasthuri

jegathees_waran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish & UDO

There are no messages stopped in queues (SMQ1 & SMQ2). In SXI_MONITOR, BPM(PE) it has been processed successfully. When it reaches to the Mail adatper from BPM it is in holding state.

We use PI 7.1

How to check the Java Queues ?

Kind regards,

Jegathees P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you look at the Stefan's blog suggested by Udo ? :

[/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/04/27/how-to-deal-with-stuck-eoio-messages-in-the-xi-30-adapter-framework|Blog...]

"Holding" means the message processing is waiting to be completed but It cannot be processed because some earlier message has failed Actuallly EOIO has the bad reputation of going to the HOLDING status. Try to cancel the msg which is creating the problem.

You can check your queues on RWB.

Thanks

Pooja

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jegathees,

status "holding" is pointing to modus EOIO. A former message failed and following messages wont be processed as long as the failed one is corrected or cancled.

Please have a look to Stefan's blog [How to deal with stuck EOIO messages in the XI 3.0 Adapter Framework|/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/04/27/how-to-deal-with-stuck-eoio-messages-in-the-xi-30-adapter-framework]

Regards,

Udo