cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object Creation Issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to create a custom universe on top of a BW Query. I would like to create a new measure object to and hence would like to select some measure objects to do my calculations. But the problem I'm facing is in my select the button ">>" is greyed out and hence I'm not able to reference other measure objects. I'm using BO XI 3.1 and using BW connection. I've seen some demos where people were able to reference other universe objects and create new objects in designer using BW as connection type.

I'm not sure if it is a restriction on BW side because if I use Oracle or any other database I'm able to create an object by referencing other objects using ">>" in Select

Regards,

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per my knowledge:

If you upgrade to BOE XI 3.1 SP 2 then you can see ">>" in Select.

We are using BOE XI 3.1 SP 2 + FP 1.8 and we use ">>" in Select, Ofcourse ">>" for where clause its still greyed out

Note: Go through "xi3_sap_olap_universes_en" pdf document when you get a chance. we need to use MDX Expressions instead of SQL.

Example: Calculated measure expression

<EXPRESSION>@SELECT(Key Figures\Order Amount)*@SELECT(Key
Figures\Order Quantity)</EXPRESSION>

All the above information is related OLAP universe on SAP BW.

-Thanks,

DEEPU.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Deep,

So it was a limitation in 3.1. In fact manually writing the code was the option that I was using before but I've gone through some presentations today where people were able to use ">>" in Select which led to my confusion.

Thank you very much,

Vijay

Answers (0)