cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last Purchase Price History

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Is there any way we can have the Last Purchase Price History in SAP system?

Our customer has 2 stock transfer. In those 2 documents, she has 2 difference last purchase price on the document. But actually, she didn't issue any GRPO of that item during the period between the 2 stock transfer. So the last purchase price should be the same. How can I find out all the document during that period which may affect the last purchase price in the system? Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Based on your detailed info, what my conclusion is: it may not related to Last Purchase Price but item cost only. You know, item cost may not be the same between each warehouse. Check it out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. They use moving average to calculate the cose and the item cost for that item are the same.

For inventory transfer, if we choose "last purchase price", the "total" = "info price" * "quantity". info price is not item cost.

That is the reason I asked the history of last purchase price. If info price is not purchase price, what is it for? Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may check the original description of this Info Price by Ctrl+Click it. It should be read as item Cost.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. If you have a moving average item e.g. item cost = 30 and the last purchase price is 20

When you open inventory transfer window, type the item number then 'Tab' key, you will see, info price is 20 but not 30 and item cost is empty since we haven't save the data yet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moving average is using very simple rule: It = Current Item Cost * Existing On Hand + New Price * Added On Hand / Total QTY.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. The item cost = 30 (I can see the item cost on inventory tab of item master data).

And the last purchase price is 20. Then the system take $20 as info price on inventory transfer window which confuse us a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked under Inventory Tab from Item master?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I did. They don't manage item cost by WH so, item cost is for all warehouses.

Edited by: Jie Jin on Sep 10, 2009 2:07 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it by Item Group or Item level?

Former Member
0 Kudos

set G/L by WH

Former Member
0 Kudos

That means Item Cost is by warehouse level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not matter if it is by WH level, the didn't choose "manage item cost per warehouse"

So, the item cost is for all warehouses.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked Inventory Valuation or Audit Report for this item?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I did. There is no such price in the report. Also, inventory audit report should affect last evaluation price but not last purchase price.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may select Calc Method by Price List and then Price Source by Last Purchase Price in the Inventory Valuation Report.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, GRPO will not update Last Purchase Price. Only AP Invoice or Goods Receipt do.

You may check SAP Note 889702 for more details.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. Our problem is, we don't have any PO, GRPO, A/P invoice, Goods Recipt for that item duiring the period which can changed the last purchase price. Is there any other document I should take a look? Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked the note? There are totally 6 conditions could update Last Purchase Price. I just list the most popular first two. Anything on the other 4 related to you?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you enter an incoming invoice # see Purchasing

PO - No

When you enter a goods receipt # see Goods Receipt

Goods Receipt: No

When you enter a positive opening balance for an item # see Inventory and Stock Postings

Not sure what. But they don't have opening balance for the items last month

When you enter a positive inventory result that triggers a goods receipt # see Inventory and Stock Postings

Not sure what?

When a product with a BOM is manufactured, where the price of the product is calculated from the last purchase prices of the components # see Production.

The item is not BOM

When Landed Costs are performed. (Note: When adding AP invoice after landed costs was created, the last purchase price will remain unchanged)

No landed cost for that item