cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigate from application to another in the portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am new to abap web dynpro and I am having problems navigating from one abap web dynpro to another. My scenario is I have two abap web dynpro applications. When a user selects a row in the table of my first application I want to call the second application and pass in this selected data. I have an action for event onLeadSelect that is supposed to call this second application. My problem is that I cannot get my first application to call the second one. I am using navigate_absolute. I am passing the pcd location of my second application iview to this method. I replaced the pcd: with ROLES:// and for some reason it is still not working. I have read many other forums but I have found no solution. I am not sure if there is an error with my code or if the iview in the portal is supposed to be set up a certain way. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

you can use this simple method..

1. add the second component to your first component (used components).

2. when user selects the record, in lead selection event call the second component view ( use code wizard)

3. pass the data using context ( inbound/outbound, check properties of the attribute in the context).

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This worked! Thank you for your help!