cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESW: Question on the usage of "READ PURCHASE ORDER" service operation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I plan to consume consume "READ PURCHASE ORDER" in my composite application. When I navigated to SAP Documentation on ES Workplace, I found out the following paragraph in the "Notes on SAP Implementation" section.

Notes on SAP Implementation

Prerequisites

You must implement the application component Purchase Orders (MM-PUR-PO) so that you can use the operation. 

I am not clear about the prerequisite. How do I implement an application component?

Here are the details to this service operation from ES Workplace:

Software Component Version: ESA ECC-SE 604

First released with: ESA ECC-SE 600

Release State: released

Technical Name: PurchaseOrderByIDQueryResponse_In

Namespace: http://sap.com/xi/APPL/SE/Global

Application Area: MM-PUR

Webservice Definition: ECC_PURCHASEORDER002QR

Direction: inbound

Mode: synchronous

Idempotency: not applicable

Change/Update Behavior: not applicable

Could anyone please enlighten me on this issue?

Thanks,

Joon Meng

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joon,

Implementation in this context means that component MM-PUR needs to be configured. This means that all underlying purchasing configuration (document types, number ranges, FI interfaces, output determination, etc) need to be configured in the ERP backend system. If this is not in place, then you won't be able to use your webservice.

Hint: The application area (in this case MM-PUR) will always point you to the part of the config that is required.

Hope this helps,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

thanks for the quick reply.

Now I understand the situation better with your explanation. But how can I check whether the application component is configured, which transaction? And how I can configure the application component?

Are there any documentations or tutorials concerning this topic? I simply do not have the whole picture / process flow of the matter.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Joon Meng

Answers (0)