cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Interactive Forms - Cannot catch the click event

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have ZCI form in my Web Dynpro-application. I have two fields (ID and text) that I am passing back and forth between the Web Dynpro application and the Interactive Form.

The fields are in context node that is mapped to Web Dynpro UI and there are copies of the fields in the context node that the Form Interface was created from.

I can pass data from Web Dynpro input field to Adobe Form nicely.

I cannot catch the Adobe Form's click-event in my Web Dynpro view's onclick-event handler. I have a breakbpoint at first line but it never stops there nor updates the context element that is mapped to the Web Dynpro input field.

I added the field to the same view from the context node that I used to create the Form Interface and it gets updated.

So the interface/context gets updated but the click event is not triggered.

What have I missed? Tried with both Web Dynpro Native and Web Dynpro ActiveX submit to sap buttons.

Edited by: pasikuikka on Sep 9, 2009 7:09 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

lets say you have used Button from Webdynpro Native tab,

Check the Click Event for the Button Selected and see whether there is Script ( which is autogenerated ) and check the function which starts with ContainerFoundation...( ).

and in Hierarchy Tab u should have the Same Function starts with ContainerFoundation...( ).

this function can be auto generated when you go to Menu->Utilities->Insert Webdynpro Script when you do this it will create the above mentioned function which is actually responsible to call the Onaction Event of the form element in webdynpro.

Thanks,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Madhu!

It has this line:

ContainerFoundation_JS.SendMessageToContainer(event.target, "submit", "", "", "", "");

Is the event "submit" instead of "click"? I did try to catch "submit" too with onsubmit-handler but no luck still.

All of this looks very straight forward in tutorials by saptechnical or Thomas Jung (the recorded TechEd? presentation), but reality seems something else..

Former Member
0 Kudos

did this work I have the same problem .. I a not able to catch the Click event in the form ..