cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kernel upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am running crm 2007 (support pack stack 4). Below are the details of the differnt components.

software component release level highest support pack

SAP_ABA 700 16 SAPKA70016

SAP_BASIS 700 16 SAPKB70016

PI_BASIS 2006_1_700 6 SAPKIPYM06

ST-PI 2008_1_700 0 -

CRMUIF 600 4 SAPK-60004INCRMUIF

SAP_BW 700 18 SAPKW70018

SAP_AP 700 13 SAPKNA7013

BBPCRM 600 4 SAPKU60004

Kernel: 159.

When we applied support pack stack 4 this was the level to which all the components were brought to.

My questions:

1) Can I upgrade the kenel to the latest available (kernel 221) ? Is there any limitation as to what kernel level you can go to for a aupport pack stack ? Or can we go the latest and greatest ?

2) Similarly for the various softwarecomponents. Can I upgrade the differnet software components (sap_aba, sap_basis) etc to the latest available (release 20 coming in oct) ?

thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My questions:

>>1) Can I upgrade the kenel to the latest available (kernel 221) ? Is there any limitation as to what kernel level you can go to for >>a aupport pack stack ? Or can we go the latest and greatest ?

AS far i remember kernel 133 required to implem,ent the support back 13, but in your case you were on 159 already you can go with support pack 221

>>2) Similarly for the various softwarecomponents. Can I upgrade the differnet software components (sap_aba, sap_basis) >>etc to the latest available (release 20 coming in oct) ?

Yes you can but you have to check the import queue, all the prerequisites should be met.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you subash.

Is there a link/manual which talks about this ... i.e it says for support pack 4 you can goto any kernel level above 159 ? Or other way round i.e kernel 221 can be used with support pack 4,5 etc ?

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as far as i know there is not any document, but system gives a message when you upgrade the Basis component 13 that your kernel should be equal and greater then 133. If i remeber correctly the Sap kernel comes with the installation i.e

ECC SR1 Kernel is 52 with Support pack 6

ECC SR2 Kernell is 95 with support pack 9

ECC SR3 Kernel is 144 eith supoort pack 13

So there is not any document, but this is the analysis which says that you can upgrade the kernel for the latest support pack

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

So when you say "ECC SR3 Kernel is 144 eith supoort pack 13" that means the minimum kernel you should have is 144 for support pack 13 but there is no upper bound .. and you can go to any kernel level above 144 ?

This looks a little strange as ABAP uses many tools for transport/loads etc within the kernel and there is no upper bound set or dependency built between the software components and the kernel !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes there is no upper bound, you can and you should keep the kernel the latest available

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.

Answers (0)