cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contracts when SC Approval Not Required vs. when Approval Required

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have run across an interesting issue. We are running SRM6 and here is the issue:

When an item is purchased with a product category with only one contract and SC approval is required, the SOS is not automatically applied. If the user adds a preferred supplier, when the SC goes for manual approval and is approved, the PO is created to the contract supplier, instead of going to SOCO.

However if the user purchasing does not require SC approval, the contract supplier is automatically assigned. If that supplier is removed and a preferred supplier is assigned, once SC is created, the shopping cart shows up in SOCO.

I understand when only one contract is available, standard behavior is to assign it to SC. However in the event that contract supplier is removed and preferred supplier assigned, why does it go to SOCO when no approval is required, but if approval is required, contract supplier is assigned once approval takes place not going to SOCO?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think there is no relation between SC approval and SOCO handling.

Can you test the difference for "Fixed Supplier" and "Prefered Supplier" case ?

Result should be

Fixed Supplier -> PO is created.

Prefered Supplier -> SOCO

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didn't think there should be a relation, but that is what my testing is showing.

When the SC needs to be manually approved (above users spend limit) then the preferred supplier is removed and the contract supplier is place and PO immediately created. However when automatic approval (users is below their spend limit) it goes to SOCO because the user replaced the contract supplier with a preferred.